Welcome to Marathon County Special Education (MCSE). Initially established in 1958, our Department has provided over a half-century of innovative and comprehensive services to our cooperating districts, including the Abbotsford and Spencer Public Schools, the School Districts of Athens, Edgar, Marathon and the Rosholt School District. Collectively, our districts have a long-standing tradition of educational excellence for all children.
Our districts have and continue to receive access to exemplary educational staff, state of the art technology, cutting-edge training opportunities and dedicated, high quality support personnel. Together, we look forward to the continuation of outstanding services that are offered by our agency including, but not limited to:
- Assessment/Evaluation Services
- Assistive Technology
- Behavioral Specialists
- Comprehensive System of Professional Development
- Data Management/Curriculum Development
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing Support
- Journey Day Treatment Program
- Music Therapy
- Program Support/Diagnostic Teachers
- Physical/Occupational Therapists
- School Psychology Services
- Special Education Teachers
- Speech/Language Pathologists
- Secretarial/Support Staff
- School Nurses/Health Aides
- Summer Camp
- Vision/Orientation Mobility
- Vocational Training Specialists
MCSE has built a reputation for standards-based professional development with a tradition of excellence. The cornerstone of our staff development includes our Annual Behavior Institute held in March each year and attracts nationally known speakers with graduate credit options. All of our other trainings are content specific and personalized to staff needs in our districts.
We invite you to browse our website and discover the services we have to offer. If there is anything you need, please feel free to contact us for more information at 715-261-1980. We very much appreciate your interest in our work.
Eric P. Hartwig, Ph.D.